Politically exposed person (PEP) means a natural person or its close family members or close associates who are currently or over the last 12 months were entrusted with one of the following prominent public functions at any state and/or international or foreign state institution.
Prominent Public Functions mean:
- head of state, head of government, minister, vice-minister or deputy minister, secretary of state, parliament, government or ministry chancellor;
• member of parliament;
• member of the supreme court, constitutional court or other supreme judicial institution whose decisions cannot be appealed;
• mayor of a municipality or director of a municipality administration;
• member of the management body of the supreme state audit and control institution or the central bank chairperson or deputy chairperson of the board or board member;
• ambassador, chargés d’affaire, Chief of Defence of the Republic of Lithuania, commanders of the armed forces and units, Chief of the Defence Staff or high-ranking officer in the armed forces of a foreign country;
• member of the management or supervisory body of a public company, joint-stock company or a private limited liability company whose shares or part of shares representing more than ½ of all votes in the general meeting of these companies belong to the state by right of ownership;
• member of the management or supervisory body of a public company, joint-stock company or a private limited
liability company whose shares or part of shares representing more than ½ of all votes in the general meeting of these companies belong to a municipality by right of ownership, and which are considered large undertakings in accordance with the Republic of Lithuania Law on Financial Reporting by Undertakings;
• director, deputy director, or member of the management or supervisory body of an international intergovernmental organisation;
• leader, deputy leader, or member of the management body of a political party.
PEP’s Close Family Member means
The spouse, the person with whom partnership has been registered (i.e., the cohabitant), parents, brothers, sisters, children and children’s spouses, children’s cohabitants.
PEP’s Close associate means
A natural person who, together with the Politically Exposed Person, is a member of the same legal entity or of a body without legal personality or maintains other business relationship.